It is finally that time of the year, and I am thrilled to share with you several tips and picks when it comes to decorating your living room. This is the time to get super-comfy at home, feel warm while watching a movie or sipping on a hot chocolate. Therefore, the following tips will step-up the coziness of your space, considering minimal intervention and cost.
- Throw Pillows: Add furry throw pillows to your couch and/or floor for a restful layback. Choose colors that go in contrast with the color of your couch, and go for a warmer color palette.
- Throw Blankets: To complement the warm feel of throw pillows, add several throw blankets to your couch set. Try to pick textures and colors that go with the choice of pillows selected. It is also advised to go with colors in contrast to that of your couch.
- Rug: Rugs are essential warming accessories for the winter season. Rugs are accessories that add visual warmth in addition to physically heating up your space.
- Candles: In addition to its warm and romantic feel, the scent of your space is highly relatable to the ambience desired. As winter is coming, I recommend going for candles of a cinnamon or vanilla smell.
- Lanterns: geometric home accessories, and especially candle lanterns, are trending this season. Go for abstract polyhedral lanterns/accessories made of glass, steel or concrete.
- Lighting: For the winter, lighting ambience is highly dependent on the color warmth of your light fixtures. By default, yellower lights are installed for a warmer feel, thus avoid whiter or daylight tones. Tip: Light filament bulbs and ferry lights are trending this season, especially for a more industrial look.
- Plants: Adding plants to your space does not always imply a fresh spring vibe. White and snowy plants are perfect for the approaching Christmas season.
- Frames: Do not forget to add picture frames or artwork of winter settings to your walls.